Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The "blogging world?"

I never thought I'd start a blog. I've read blogs before and most of them don't really interest me. I'm not sure that I believe that this blog will be any different, but a good friend of mine has been suggesting it to me lately and I'm caving. It seems to me that most people write blogs kind of like columns in a newspaper--telling stories and commenting on the oddities society. To be perfectly candid, some people can do this and make it funny/interesting while others just can't. Do I think that I am the former? I don't know. But this will be my approach until I can think of something else to do on here.

One other thing I feel like I should mention: I've always considered blogging to be kind of a girl thing--mainly because 90% of the blogs I've ever seen have been made by girls. While I will be doing some occasional writing here, don't look for posts about quilting or Martha Stewart. Just so you know. Also, I'm thinking that this might make a perfect place to document the up-and-coming "homemade race series" which will be put on by a few friends and me during the upcoming months. Those interested in participating in our races (free races, just to get the blood moving beginning with a 5k this Saturday at 8am at Sugarhouse park) will be able to find details here.

That out of the way, time for a formal introduction: Um, hello. My name is Dave and I like to party.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh I'm so glad to have you as a fellow blogger. This will change your work life. It's going to be so much more fun - mark my words :)

    ReplyDelete